Chinh Mung was born Deo Chinh Mung in Lai Chau, Viet Nam.
He graduated from Institution of Public Administration, Saigon, Viet Nam in 1972.
After the Fall of Saigon in 1975, he spent five (5) years in prison during the Vietnamese Communist Regime.
After that time, he taught himself to paint. He became a master of his craft and painted
In 1989, he immigrated to the U.S. and made California his home.
During his tenure in the U.S., Chinh Mung went to Platt College, where he majored in graphic art.
He received his degree in graphic art in 2000 and spent most his time as a freelance
artist and musician.
Chinh Mung enjoys painting and spends a lot of this time creating different series of paintings
by using different media to include but are not limited to oil, acrylic, burlap, sliver leafs,
watercolor, ink, and so on.
He explores the effects of technology and nature. He loves using strong color because in many ways he is a colorist. He is very well respected in his community for his talent as a painter and artist.
He is an active member of Orange County Fine Arts Association (OCFA).
Member of Vietnamese Artist of Southern California.
He has been invovled in many art exhibitions from 1991 in Orange County, Los Angeles County, San Diego, California, and Porland, Oregon.
Received many Certificate Of Recognition from Mayors of Westminster & Garden Grove, CA.
Over the years, he has been invovled in many art exhibitions and won many awards:
– 3rd Place Award (Going Home – Mixed Media) – 53rd Annual Sunset Beach Art Festival 2021.
– 2nd Place Award (Lost Path – Mixed Media) – Annual Membership Show at Showcase Gallery 2018.
– Honorable Mention Award (Colors of Autumn – Mixed Media) – Annual Membership Show at Showcase Gallery 2017.
– Honorable Mention Award (Lonely Road – Mixed Media) – Annual Membership Show at Showcase Gallery 2015.
– 2nd place Award (Inspriration – Mixed Media) – 48th Annual Sunset Beach Art Festival 2015.
– Honorable Mention Award (Country Scene – Mixed Media) – Showcase Gallery “Artist’s Eye” 2015.